Expectant parents deserve choice and empowerment.
Support women and couples facing an unplanned pregnancy with these resources.
This webinar provides you with expert training on pregnancy options counseling.
All options pregnancy counseling is more than a discussion of parenting, abortion and adoption. It’s giving unbiased, fact-based information to women and couples facing an unplanned pregnancy. With our counseling model, you’ll empower those you work with to make the decision that feels best to them. They’ll be fully engaged in the process, and have the tools to realize their own pregnancy vision.
For women who are at risk of having their parental rights terminated by the state, this webinar will also introduce you to our alternative to state adoption, in which high risk moms can pro-actively plan an open adoption for their child. This gives them a voice in the process and an ongoing relationship with their child.
Watch this webinar.
The “Empowering Expectant Parents” webinar is presented by Shari Levine, Executive Director of Open Adoption & Family Services. The following resources will enhance your learning experience.
- Guttmacher Institute statistics on unintended pregnancy.
- Abortion pill/medication pill details.
- Surgical/in-clinic abortion process.
- Planned Parenthood.
- Abortion Care Network.
- Backline Abortion Resources.
- Open Adoption & Family Services options counseling.
- Backline Toll-Free Talkline.
- Pregnancy options workbook.
- OA&FS process description: how you choose adoptive parents.
- OA&FS’ large diverse pool of families.
- OA&FS adoption planning process.
- OA&FS placement and entrustment video.
- OA&FS alternative to state adoption process, videos.
- Open adoption experiences: Sharene’s Story video.
- Open adoptee Brianna on open adoption video.
- Open adoptee videos.
Access the presentation.
This PowerPoint presentation gives you the tools to train on your own. Printer-friendly .pdfs of the documents shown in the webinar are listed below in the same order that they appear.
- Outline for Options Counseling
- Tools for Your Agency
- Pregnancy Options Questions to Consider
- Planned Parenthood Abortion Types Frequently Asked Questions
- Difficult Questions/Statements
- Options Counseling Resources
- Myths and Facts about Open Adoption
- Placement and Entrustment Ceremony VIDEO
- 15 Reasons to Choose OA&FS
- Important Questions to Ask When Comparing Adoption Services
- Pregnancy Options and Open Adoption Resources for Service Providers
- FIA Real-life Stories
- FIA large diverse pool of families
- FIA Positive Adoption Language
- FIA When is adoption done right?
- FIA legal rights in adoption
- FIA video: Lisa and Jessica, adoptive mom and birth mom
Free materials for you and your clients.
NPAC offers the following free brochures for service providers and their clients. To order these materials email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to include excerpts from NPAC materials or republish this content, please contact us for permission.
Business card-sized accordion brochure.
Includes an overview of NPAC services including pregnancy options counseling, open adoption and open adoption as an alternative to state adoption. Includes information in Spanish.
Outlines our all-options pregnancy counseling including parenting, abortion, adoption. Explains NPAC’s unique open adoption program in which birthparents choose the family, enjoy ongoing visits and receive lifelong services.